Vita is looking for a Communications and Fundraising Officer
Would you like to work for a dynamic, exciting overseas aid agency in Dublin with the opprortunity to travel ocasionally to East Africa and visit our programmes there?
Vita is an Irish development partner working with communities in Africa to fight hunger and climate change. Our mission is to achieve thriving rural economies in Africa with access to services, markets and livelihoods for all.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working and responsible individual with the right temperament to work with our small, smart, innovative and next generation model of development. The candidate must have a professional manner, the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team. Great interpersonal and writings skills are important as well as excellent communications and organisational skills. An interest / knowledge of development would be useful but is not a barrier.
Working to the Head of Communications and Fundraising, you will be joining a very energetic and experienced team with a strong sense of purpose as well as a great collective sense of humour. Responsibilities will include
- Be responsible, with the Head of Fundraising & Communications, for the delivery of a variety of materials including the Annual Report, prospectus, newsletters and updates.
- Become familiar with Microsoft Publisher and other applications as required
- Manage and monitor social media, and grow our followers
- Take responsibility for website content management
- Assist in planning events and trips
- Write stories for all of Vita’ s platforms
- Stakeholder engagement and partnership development
- Support and get involved with fundraising and prospecting activities
- Manage the photo archive
- Other tasks as they emerge
The right person will
- Have excellent writing skills
- Be a great organiser
- Be a great time manager and multi- tasker
- Have a proven track record in communications
- Be able to work on your own initiative
- Be comfortable with a certain amount of autonomy
- Be approachable and positive in your attitude
- Be flexible in your approach when required
- Embrace being part of a team
- Be willing and excited to travel to our programme countries
CV and short cover letter please by Friday, February 8th to email@example.com – Thank you for your interest